Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VMware ESX

From: "TVB NOC" <tvbnoc () temeculavalleybank com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:54:01 -0700

Actually,

I used to work at a company that did it... Because the VMware instances
are not aware of each other inside the host, its not a bad solution..
However, if I were going to implement it, I would not do VLANs and
Trunking (tagging) between the virtual switch and the physical switch. I
would add an additional quad card or other physical network card and
physically separate the VM host, plugging each isolated VMhost network
connection them directly into the physical switch...

Hope this helps... sorry for the grammatical errors too...

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Paul Heywood