Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Port Monitoring Software

From: "Jarrod Frates" <jfrates.ml () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:00:26 -0700

SolarWinds has two options, the most direct solution for the request
is ipMonitor.  It's useful depending on how much data you want out of
it, and fairly inexpensive.  However, while it's fairly strong in most
things, the SNMP engine lately seems to be suffering somewhat.
However, it's capable of checking ports and getting basic information
like just a header, or pulling the whole page and checking for a key
text string.

Orion is also a possibility, but it is pricey, and better suited for
things like bandwidth monitoring.

----
Jarrod Frates, GAWN