Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Full Disk Laptop Encryption

From: gjgowey () tmo blackberry net
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:57:42 +0000

I was on the end-user side of things with Pointsec when I worked for my last client.  I must admit that, aside from the
login screen at boot, it was completely transparent after that and I really didn't feel too much of a performance hit
from it on the old laptop that I was given (with 1GB of ram of course).  I ran eclipse and developed a java applet
without any hiccups.

Geoff

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.