Security Basics mailing list archives

Firewall gnatbox gb-2000e rulebase audit

From: "Wilson Mosquera" <wmosquera () tecnoav com ec>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:28:49 -0500

Hi all

 I have a pair of gnatbox "gb-2000e" firewalls that I need to audit.
 I was hoping to get some guidelines for doing this.
 Antyhing specific to gnatbox "gb-2000e"  would be even better.

 1) What is the best/easiest way to document a
 current policy? Spreadsheet?? I would like to know
 what ports (services) are open and to where? Also
 duplicates, etc.? Would it be best just to put it in
 a spreadsheet? Is there a tool for this?

 2)Is there standard Analysis checklist to go by when
 reviewing a gnatbox "gb-2000e"  firewall policy?

 Any help is highly appreciated.

 Thank you,

Wilson Mosquera
TECNOAV