Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Anonymizing Packets yet ensuring 0 % packet loss

From: Dotzero <dotzero () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:05:01 -0400

On 9/13/07, Vivek P <iamherevivek () gmail com> wrote:
hi
thanks for the quick reply

my goal is to hide my ip adress, the n/w packets will be pentest
related  & general stuff!

Is there a particular reason you are trying to hide your IP address?
This might aid others in formulating response to your question (or
deciding not to answer).

there is no torrent, but FTP, HTTP & regular communications will take
place from the setup!

So the pentest is only FTP, HTTP and "regular communications"?

I am looking for a solution with which i can permanently show a
different IP adress! (not actual)

Why permanently?

Looking forward to your response. I can think of approaches that would
fulfill your description. Some are legal, some might be termed "grey"
and others would be flat out illegal in many/most jurisdictions. I
apologize for sounding cynical but what you have posted so far does
not incline me to post approaches to help something that sounds a bit
iffy.

dotzero