Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Private IP address with yahoo messenger

From: "neo anderson" <amol.netsec () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:42:34 +0530

Absolutely right.

In past, I have successfuly tested this fact with gaim.
But this post made me test it for the present avatar of Gaim, -called pidgin.

So far, I got negative results for the same test. It seems that the
way gaim was able to "get information" about a buddy, it's not
possible with pidgin.  Although, "get Information" feature is there,
way of implementation might have changed.  I think this thing needs
more discussion to advance the research in the right way.

Thanks and regrds.