Security Basics mailing list archives

Traffic To dark address space

From: Ken Swain <ken () kenswain com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:48:40 -0500

Group,

I am seeing tons of drops on my firewall and IPS correlated threw my SIM to and from Dark Address space. Not all machines on my network are doing this, but enough are that it is becoming a massive amount do deal with.

I have done a Virus scan and patch check on the boxes and they all came up clean. All this traffic started with in the past month and has steadily increased. The ports are 137, 9100, 113, 67,27604 and 27605. It appears to hit a block of dark address space and then move on to anouther only to come back later.

Any ideas?

--Ken