Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Workstation Locking

From: "Scott Ramsdell" <Scott.Ramsdell () cellnet com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:14:36 -0400

Aladdin has a key fob that does just this.  You will have to replace msgina.dll with Aladdin's though.

One of the coolest features of the Aladdin fob is that it will synch password changes with AD on behalf of the user.
This would allow you to set a password policy that included very long complex passwords that expired fairly often.  The
user would never know their password was updating.

For remote access, they again simply use the fob.

Alternatively, if you've implemented a PKI, the Aladdin fob will store the certs.

Kind Regards,

Scott Ramsdell
CISSP, CCNA, MCSE
Security Network Engineer