Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hard disk Encryption

From: lo5 () lo5er net
Date: 8 Mar 2007 16:50:35 -0000

I use truecrypt for my home workstation and it works great, but not for managing users. Truecrypt does not offer any
backend management. For the work place I have evaluated PGP and SafeBoot. SafeBoot seems to be the one that works best
for us. Key features that stand out from the others are the easy directory integration that supports AD/LDAP/NT/Novell.
The Web helpdesk portal for reseting users. It has many extra feature besides just data encryption which we might try
and implement later in the future. The one thing though Safeboot seems to be pretty costly compared to the others.

Lo5