Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Why TCP is more secure than UDP?

From: pal_adam () gmx net
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:37:06 +0200

Hi

I dont understand what you mean by spoofing, since wherever you use UDP or TCP the underlying layer still remains IP so
when you spoof a source you spoof an IP source.
If you talk about a man-in-the-middle attack then taking a closer look at both protocols will show that UDP doesnt
establish any connection before starting the communication.
Using TCP you`ll need to ACK incomming data using a pre-established sequence number which makes the attack on TCP
harder but not impossible.

regards

Adam Pal

-------- Original-Nachricht --------