Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: email signing and crypting solution

From: "adrian.floarea" <adrian.floarea () uti ro>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:50:15 +0300

There are a lot of good solutions for email signing and encryption. But in
order to choose the right solution please specify for which platform is? If
you have Windows Domain and Microsoft Outlook for example, you can implement
quickly such a solution. Of course, in order to have a decent security it is
required to use tokens for this. I can recommend you Aladdin (eToken Pro) or
SafeNet (iKey 2032).

Now, independent of the operating system, the majority email clients has
already built-in modules for signing and encryption emails. The only thing
which is necessary to operate properly this capabilities is to generate for
all users digital certificates.

Regards,

 Adrian Floarea, CISA
Business Development Manager