Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: what next

From: "Roger A. Grimes" <roger () banneretcs com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:45:53 -0500

Yes, it is an FTP script.  It's probably used by the attacker or malware
to download a malicious program or kit from a remote location. Very
common. My suggestion is to clean or rebuild you involved
computers/network. Patch or fix the problem that allowed the unknown
gentleman to do unauthorized behavior, and get on with normal life.
You'll spend too much time trying to investigate this sort of stuff, and
in the end, unless you get lucky enough to find all the malicious files
and disassemble them, you really won't know the intruder's intent or
objective.

Just my one half cent.

Roger