Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Laptop security

From: spad78 () hotmail com
Date: 23 Feb 2007 16:07:17 -0000

Seems a litle draconian to me; surely laptops are given to staff to facilitate easy working rather than burden them
with worry?  I would think that aside from disk encryption to ensure data asset protection, all other measures are
aimed at minimising equipment loss, sure a lock will help but other measures seem like a poor investment and usability
balance when you consider unit costs of laptops these days.  Concentrate on the information asset, not the medium!

Kind regards, Adam