Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security Simplification

From: "Nhon Yeung" <Nhon.Yeung () cranegroup com au>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:10:32 +1100

How about consolidation? ie logs, and then run a sim/sem (security incident/event management) software of some sort so
that your admins don't have to look at 10 consoles to determine whats going on.
You can also look at reducing your user repositories, eg use AD as you're primary source for user info.. most places
have users scattered across a few directories..

Regards
Nhon