Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Hardware Firewall recommendations (with content filters

From: "Yahsodhan Deshpande" <yahsodhan.deshpande () nevisnetworks com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 10:49:38 -0800

Hi Scott,

    There are few other solutions out in the market that do not call
themselves as firewalls. Most of them are appliances that sit between
your access switches and perimeter.

    These solutions concentrate more on LAN security, rather than
perimeter security. Looking at your requirements, I feel that you need
to look for such solutions rather than traditional firewalls.

    You can take a look at following
Nevis Networks (www.nevisnetworks.com)
Consentry Networks (www.consentry.com)
Vernier Networks (www.verniernetworks.com)

     Almost all of them claim to be a NAC solution, but do much more
than that and should satisfy your requirements.

Regards,
Yashodhan