Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Network Misuse

From: "Tima Soni" <tima.soni () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:18:50 +0530

To add, you can use the reg query command and query tis registry
seetings remotely on any computer on the network for which you have
rights to access the registry.

regards,
Tima

On 8/17/07, Kurt Buff <kurt.buff () gmail com> wrote:
In the registry, take a look at the setting for this key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"ProxyServer"="192.168.10.10:3128"

The IP address:port# combination will tell the tale. We set this
through a logon  script.