Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Value of certifications

From: "Petter Bruland" <pbruland () fcglv com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:24:12 -0700

My employer wanted us in the IT dept. to either get some security certs
or take some ethical hacker classes/seminars. So I'd like to know as
well how much "value" these things have.

Seen how IT has changed over the last few years/months, I think it's
safe to say that if you are in IT you should have a fair knowledge of
security. Exactly how to define "fair" I'm not sure...

I'm also not a security expert, but I have picked up a few things here
and there from Security Focus lists.

* Thanks everyone for posting interesting info as well as discussions to
this list *

-Petter