Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Detecting File Alteration

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: 1 Sep 2006 16:19:23 -0000

What you are looking for would be listed under digital file integrity programs, in case you wanted something better to
Google for.

Tripwire is a solid program.

I've been using open source WinPooch the past couple months and have been liking it. It does more than you want,
though, like detecting certain system calls and registry key accesses.

NTFSInfo may help as well: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/NtfsInfo.html.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how to actually open up the MFT.