Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Detecting File Alteration

From: "Mister Dookie" <misterdookie () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 14:20:49 -0400

Do you want it to run as a service or a hidden .exe on the system where the file is being stored?

Probably as a service or a program that the user is aware of.

How do you want to be alerted to the change?

A message back to a central monitoring station, like the domain controller.

Do you want to monitor a single file or the contents of a directory?

I would like to monitor files that are flagged (identified before or
while system is deployed), like say for instance sensitive files.