Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: security in small business networks

From: "crazy frog crazy frog" <i.m.crazy.frog () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:00:03 +0530

Hi,
Please check:-
http://labmice.techtarget.com/articles/securingwin2000.htm
hope it helps.
_CF
www.secgeeks.com

On 8 Sep 2006 17:36:27 -0000, robert () bernaerts nl <robert () bernaerts nl> wrote:
Hi all,

I am quite new to the security fiels, but determined to learn much more knowledge.

i work for a company which supports a lot of rather small-sized businesses (10-50 users).

A lot of those companies i support remotely and periodically i check the servers for all sorts of possible problems.

For security purposes i check the following:

- windows updates

- routers: cisco and draytek

- firewalls: cisco pix

- security logs

My question is, are there other things i can check on servers/workstations i can check out of security purpose ?

Fact is that i want to pursuade my boss there is very much to gain in the security world so i can get a full job in the
security field.

For instance about forensics: could this be a opportunity for us or this only for special public services like police
etc ?

many thanks in advance.

Rob.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

--
ting ding ting ding ting ding
ting ding ting ding ding