Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: router access control list

From: "Shain Singh" <shain.singh () aapt com au>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:16:46 +1000

Hi there,

Have read of these to get a feel for extended ACLs on Cisco's:
http://www.pantz.org/os/ios/ioscommands.shtml#Notes-AccessLists (you can
grab it off Cisco's site to but this is a nice summary).

Just remember that you just need to add your specific allow rules as ACLs
have an implicity deny that is applied at the end of your ruleset.

As an example for allowing telnet (then you add the rule to the specific
interface):

access-list 100 allow tcp host 1.1.1.1 host 2.2.2.2 eq 23

--
Shaineel Singh
MakePeace Media LTD

http://mpm.org.au/shsingh
pgp id:  0xA9D8D351
fp: 38 0D A8 C8 74 A2 33 5E CE 0E 5A FA D5 A0 04 7C

This message was written entirely with recycled electrons.