Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: The ugly side of using disk encryption

From: "Robert D. Holtz - Lists" <robert.d.holtz () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:02:14 -0500

You hit quit a few nails the head.

I wouldn't expect the assault on the bill of rights to end anytime soon.

Congress is really playing up the terror/security/kids angle to pretty much
eliminate any semblance of privacy.

The one thing that most folks forget is that the terrorists that did the
9/11 work were here in the country legally and had broken no laws.  If all
of the measures the Congress is going after were in place prior to 9/11 they
would have had no effect on the outcome!

Too many folks just roll over for this type of thing and it's just sad.

Those willing to give up liberty for security deserve neither.
B. Franklin.