Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Usefulness AUP on an Anonymous Wireless Network.

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:14:07 -0700

  My expectation (IANAL...) is that if you can't prove that the
user saw and agreed to the AUP, you can't enforce it in court (if
it comes to that).  And that would include being able to pass
liability on from you to them, so unless you trust them to make
life-or-death decisions about your network, I'd want some slightly
stronger mechanism.

Dave Gillett