Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: One computer two different networks

From: "Andrew Hay" <andrewsmhay () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:59:41 -0300

If you have the budget to purchase 250 additional computers (250 *
$400 = $100,000) then I would seriously consider  investing that money
in a firewall with some sort of application layer filtering instead
(like CheckPoint/Cisco/Juniper with Websense/Aladdin/SurfControl).
Not only will you be able to protect your end users from malicious
Internet traffic but you'll be able to track policy violations (like
inappropriate site visits during company time).  You can also enable a
per-session authentication method which would help you control/protect
your users and corporate environment.

If you want some more suggestions please let me know.
--
Andrew Hay [NSA/CCSE Plus/CCNA/Security+/RHCE/GCIA/SSP-MPA/SSP-CNSA]
blog: https://www.andrewhay.ca