Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: One computer two different networks

From: Raoul Armfield <armfield () amnh org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:17:16 -0400

Is installing a second nic in the PC's and then installing VM-Ware and binding the VM to the second nic so that it can browse the net securely an option?

Raoul

Santiago Barahona wrote:
Hi all,

(First of all I want to apologise if I am misplacing this question, if so
I'd appreciate if anyone could point me to the right direction)

So here is the situation:

We have about 250 computers that are isolated in a high-security network,
we want to give internet access to those computer users without
compromising the secured network...of course our first thought is to buy
250 computers so the users can switch between computers (one for the
secure network, one for internet)... but that might not be most practical
solution...

So, I've been looking around and I've found a product called DATAGATE,
from Tenix which works as a "Data Diode"... looks interesting... but I'd
like to have a second opinion...

Does anyone know about other products or techniques on how to accomplish
this??

thanks!

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree, without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus

--
Raoul Armfield
rarmfield at amnh dot org