Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Home PC Networking

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:52:17 -0800

  There are an array of options available to do this -- IF your
network connection goes by way of an Ethernet interface, since
most hook into supported Ethernet drivers to capture network
traffic.  So if you're on DSL or cablemodem, you have good
choices (Ethereal is free); if you're on dial-up or Wi-Fi, your
choices are much more limited.

David Gillett