Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: files containing web llinks

From: "Jeffrey F. Bloss" <jbloss () tampabay rr com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:54:04 -0500

David Gillett wrote:

buggered up dross. Not saying it doesn't exist, but I'm not
aware of any mainstream viewer which allows graphics files
and porn trailers to open cascades of web pages.

  Windows Media Player considers the ability to launch URLs from
within a video file a *feature*.

Exactly what I meant by "porn peddler's buggered up dross". <g>

Seriously though, I thought this was enabled by Javascript or BASIC
scripts and really couldn't be called from within an image itself.
Although it's been a while since I took even a casual glance towards
anything Microsoft so I could be way off.

--
Hand crafted on 23 November, 2006 at 15:50:32 EST using
only the finest domestic and imported ASCII.

Abandon the search for truth; settle for a good fantasy.