Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: File Integrity Monitoring

From: andy cuff <lists () securitywizardry com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 08:33:26 +0000

Shain,
Tripwire should meet most people file integrity requirements, we have details
on a number of other products here
http://www.securitywizardry.com/integrity.htm

These days most of the host protection products include some file integrity
checking, though in my experience, many organisations turn it off due to the
management and user intervention required to support it

Best Regards
--
Andy Cuff
Computer Network Defence Ltd

From: listbounce () securityfocus com
[mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] On Behalf Of s1n04k0 () aol com

I am looking for a File Integrity Monitoring solution and currently
looking at
Tripwire. Does anyone know of any similar or better solution?

Writing a script to keep a hash of the system file after a install and
regularly checking against that list is just as good.
Of course Tripwire does all this for you and there are opensource varieties
of it to hack it to your will.

--
Shaineel Singh
MakePeace Media LTD

http://mpm.org.au/shsingh
pgp id:  0xA9D8D351
fp: 38 0D A8 C8 74 A2 33 5E CE 0E 5A FA D5 A0 04 7C

This message was written entirely with recycled electrons.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence
in Information Security. Our program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Using interactive e-Learning technology, you can earn this esteemed degree,
without disrupting your career or home life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus