Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Computer Forensics is a misnoner

From: "Craig Wright" <cwright () bdosyd com au>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 14:59:24 +1100

Hello,

I have never stated that all of which I type from a remote web client late at night is grammatically correct or even
necessarily spelt correctly. Further, my failures to check spelling on a post does not in any manner change the nature
of the word. Two wrongs and all that…(1)

I made several errors in that post from a perspective of grammatical correctness. The following are authoritative and
generally used as sources concerning the issue as raised of grammatical taxonomy.

Macquarie Dictionary,

Black’s Legal Dictionary,

The Oxford Dictionary

These sources have “computer” defined to be a noun.

Computer-forensics could be fashioned as a compound noun. This was not of issue, nor is it generally used.

However, there remains the issue of the word forensic. Forensically may be used as an adverb. Forensic is an adjective.

Regards,

Craig

(1)       The incomplete nature of this sentence though not grammatically correct per se is noted for reference.