Security Basics mailing list archives

Questions regarding Truecrypt

From: Rodrigo Buarque Ramos <rodrigo.ramos () triforsec com br>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:34:52 -0300

Hi All,

I have been using Truecrypt in many servers (Linux and Wins) with no
problems at all, but in one client with two win2003 + MSSQL I am having
some problems. I believe that it has nothing to do with Truecrypt. One
server is a Xeon, with 6GB of RAM and uses 02 RAIDs within 06 disks.
Today I saw that the cpu is running up to 100% many times all day long.
The SQL process consumes must of the CPU. Some times it goes up to
50...60%
The second process in the list is called topconnect and it consumes
about 2....20% of the cpu. This Topconnect is a program that do a kind
of proxy from an application and the SQL.
There are other little consumers, but they are really small.
As it says in the documentation the Truecrypt process does not consume
CPU.

Can anybody help me with this? I believe that the problem is within the
customization of the win2003 + MSSQL.

Best regards,
Rodrigo Ramos
http://www.triforsec.com.br
http://www.defenselayer.com

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus