Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Family protection - proxy?

From: secret () email dk
Date: 31 Mar 2006 09:49:02 -0000

I suggest taking some time to explain to the kids what your fears are, and what it is that they can expect to find "out
there".

You can't really expect to succeed in keeping their lives porn-free - they will surf the net at friends, at the
library, at school, at the netcafe or somewhere else where there is less "protection" (censorship?).

It's probably better for everybody that they get a sound and critical relationship to the media, even though you may
have to answer unpleasant questions about sex at some point. But I guess thats one part of being a parent that you
can't really expect to buy your way out of.

Oh, but wait, you can...

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus