Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Spam:RE: application for an employment

From: Ian Scott <ian () pairowoodies com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:56:25 -0500

On March 29, 2006 04:25 pm, Mark Gorman wrote:
But, at the same time, you don't have the right to leave the keys in your
car in a convenience store parking lot.

Yes I do. Although not an "inherent" right, it is my property.

If it is stolen you are held liable
as well for negligence.

Perhaps in countries that over regulated (mine is going that way).  Now, some
insurance companies may stipulate in their policy that they won't pay for
auto theft; this however is covered by contract and has nothing to do with
rights of property or being legally held "liable."

I think everyone has a duty to protect their
network.

A duty?? Hell, my country won't even LET me protect my own real estate
property!!

If you don't secure it properly you will be penetrated.

If I have a honeypot, I'm inviting penetration.