Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Entry Level Certifications

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:25:59 -0800

  I think Security+ may be what you want.  I don't think it has
the experience requirement (nor the cachet...) of the CISSP, but
it does indicate coverage of basic concepts and some commitment
to security as a career path.
  It's also a component of the Microsoft security certification,
which might help open some doors to get you those next few years
of experience.

David Gillett