Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: application for an employment

From: "Sadler, Connie" <Connie_Sadler () Brown edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 08:54:23 -0500

I completely agree with Don. I've been watching this thread. I can tell
you that I've hired many security professionals over the 20+ years I've
been in the IT Security field, and if someone told me this in an
interview, I would politely cut the discussion short - and that would be
the end of it.

Check out the Ethics clauses in any of the IT Security Professional's
organizations. This is *not* an approach that would be embraced by any
hiring manager I know.

Connie J. Sadler, CM, CISSP, CISM, GIAC GSLC
Director, IT Security, Brown University
Box 1885, Providence, RI 02912