Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: True Clientless SSLVPN

From: "Beauford, Jason" <jbeauford () EightInOnePet com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 16:27:40 -0400

Jamie Schmidt wrote:

It appears that he is referring to a laptop or PC that is running as
a restricted user remotely that has no capability of approving any
type of applet or activeX control.  That is still somewhat a type of
'client' install.

-jamie-

I get this part.  I mean.. What type of connectivity is the OP looking
to provide?  What access is required?

For instance, remote access to file shares is easily done via Reverse
Proxy on any of the previously named solutions without any active-x
control required.  However, Outlook Connectivity, SSH or Telnet, Remote
Desktop etc.. May require some sort of Active-X control.  Nothing I know
of at this time will provide full Network functionality without the
installation of some sort of "client".

Sorry if my post was unclear.

JMB