Security Basics mailing list archives

Recommended GPOs?

From: "Eggleston, Mark" <meggleston () HEALTHPART COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:26:46 -0400

Hello all,

Our organization is reorganizing our AD structure and as such we are
reexamining our GPO settings.  We want to apply the most appropriate GPO
to our OUs and are looking to find more information on which ones will
be most beneficial from a security perspective.  I have found the
Microsoft excel matrix called "Group Policy Settings Reference" to be
very helpful.  However, it lists over 1,600 entries.

Does anyone know of a good reference that recommends which of these
1,600 are good GPOs to apply for security?  Anyone wish to share which
GPOs they have found most helpful to apply (or NOT to apply?)  I realize
everyone's environment is different, I'm just looking to find out which
GPOs are must haves.

Thanks in advance for your insights,

Mark Eggleston

All the information contained in this electronic communication and
any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy any portion of this electronic communication. If
by replying to this email and immediately deleting any and all
copies you may have inadvertently made.