Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Tips

From: "Alexander Bolante" <alexander.bolante () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:31:30 -0700

You can only do so much with a Security Tip for a company newsletter.
It's always going to sound redundant, but I think if you make it
fun/interesting to your audience, you're doing your job as best as you
can.

Try breaking it down into manageable categories. Keep the framework of
your Security Tip based on company security policies (always good to
reiterate) but try tips on:

Homeland security
Travel security
Incident reporting
Emergency planning
Physical security
Proprietary information protection
News and feature articles
Latest security tools and downloads
etc.

Here's a few for your next Security Tip: "What to be aware of when
plugging in your USB key into your company laptop/desktop"  or "How to
encrypt confidential data using e.g. WinZip"

Good luck.