Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Protecting sensitive files on a Windows file server

From: "Tyler, Grayling" <ggtyler () foodlion com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:52:29 -0400

Note: while there is indeed an RSA w/token based authentication product,
they also have a file encryption piece.

Unless you're driven by some mandate (SOX, PCI, HIPPA etc) to encrypt,
then lock down the access and monitor for changes to the configuration
and to the files.

All communication regarding everyday IT support needs such as IT
problems / incidents should be directed to the ITCRC team at x2848
instead of contacting the various associates directly within the IT
department.
By logging all problems / incidents with the ITCRC team, this will
provide us more visibility into the various types of calls we are
receiving, trending of these calls, numbers of calls, etc. The ITCRC
team will bring more attention to your issues and allow prompt
resolution to your calls.