Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Email expiration?

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:40:06 -0700

On 6/14/06, Thiago Lima @ WF <thiagolima () webforce com br> wrote:

        Hi,

        There's any way to 'auto-destroy' na email sent after N days?

        I'd like to send an email to someone and after N days the email
became unreadeble. Is that possible? I thougth about a certificate that
expires. Will that work? Does something like that exists?

Thanks alot.
Thiago Lima.

In the general case, this is pretty silly. All they have to do is
receive it, print it or copy the text of it, and it's there
essentially forever.

The only way this works is if they receive it but don't read it before
the encryption cert expires. I can't imagine a scenario that justifies
so much work.

Kurt