Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: OSSIM Fedback - remove the crosspost pls!

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 18:01:37 -0400

Everyone following this thread is requested to remove the multi-list crosspost when replying... or better yet, just remove Security-Basics from the recipient list or your message will be returned to you when it hits this list queue.

There has been an unusually high number of crossposted threads sent to the Security-Basics list recently. Perhaps a short recap of my policy is in order. I have a 'default deny' policy for all messages crossposted to other moderated mailing lists. There are a number of reasons for this, which I won't get into here.

Mistakes do occur, as I am only human. Sometimes I don't catch the crosspost before it goes out - or approve a followup mid-thread. Such is the case here. It results in a whole lotta typing on my part, returning messages each with an explanation, and it slows down the list. So please mind the recipient list for this and future threads.

Regards,
moderator
security-basics