Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: on good monitoring software info

From: MarcDieters () home nl
Date: 30 Jul 2006 07:03:45 -0000

Hello, I read your question about monitoring software. I use Argent Guardian for all our servers, Windows and Linux. It
does not require software / agent installation on servers, just the monitoring server. But, it's not like MOM though,
it required a lot of configuring.
The problem with a lot of monitoring solutions is that it generates ALOT of alerts, which results in Admins ignoring
them. Every alert our Argent gives, is valid.
Reporting, we created our own because the standard supplied do not fit our needs.
Hope this help ....

Regards.