Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Deny client from obtaining IP address

From: "Maurice Smit" <m.smit () dsinet org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:59:27 +0200 (CEST)

Why don't you use static ip addresses? Allow those you know, deny the ones
unknown. This is also easier for accountability.
Or, get to know the MAC addresses from the ones that are allowed to connect,
and use that as a whitelist in your DHCP config. This is not totally
secure, since one can spoof a MAC address. But it's a start.

regards,

Maurice Smit, CISSP