Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ADS Password Storage Protection

From: ab <abnerian () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:45:04 -0700

winshel () camden rutgers edu wrote:
Thanks for the comment.  I'm still unclear - if I'm not mischaraterizing the situation - why there seems to be a lot of
support for the idea that a 15 character windows passphrase can be a real phrase and be very secure.

Do you think there is - or will be in the near future - a passphrase attack?

Is there such a thing as a "strong passphrase?"

Hacking, like any art, will take years of dedicated study and practice to master. We can't teach you to hack. But we can teach you what we've learned so far. Our courses are honest, real, technical and practical. SensePost willl be at Black Hat Vegas in July. To see what we're about, visit us at:
http://www.sensepost.com/training.html