Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Secure communication between WAN links

From: "Eric Pinkerton" <EPinkerton () soulaustralia com au>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:28:05 +1000

It's hard to say what's 'best' but it's totally possible to do this
using IPSEC on the windows 2003 boxes but...

If you have a wan Links your going to need a Router - (Assuming your not
going to plug a usb adsl modem in the a usb port of a server) - There
are many Cheap DSL routers out there with built in firewalls and VPN
tunneling capabilities - Check out http://www.billion.com/ for one
example.

Now it may be that your ISP is providing the router - you could ask them
if they have a vpn solution (Some do).

I would highly recommend using the same provider at both sites.