Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Mass Machine Login

From: Bradley <bradley () rucus net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:31:05 +0200

Hi there.

I once looked after a lab of UNIX machines. To update them I wrote some
scripts that would ssh into each one and perform some pre-defined
commands. I used a public/private key to do this which is a little more
secure than assigning the same password to each machine, provided you
keep your private key safe. If this matches your scenario shout and I
can send you my scripts.

Bradley

Adam Kane wrote: