Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Mass Machine Login

From: Vihang Dudhalkar <vihang007 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:41:42 +0530

On 1/18/06, Ryan Cummings <ryan.r.cummings () gmail com> wrote:
I've been beating my brains out trying to find a solution for this but
can't.  Has anyone seen software or a script that will allow you to
send a login to multiple machines at one time?  Say for an entire
room, for sake of an example, has 75 computers all on the same vlan
and we would like to login to all the computers without touching each
one of them individually with a specified username.

i have written a small script which can login and run a command on
multiple machines..
but it requires passwordless login(ssh)..

let me know if it's useful to you.......
--

decode with www.ebb.org/ungeek

"Neatness is about making it easy to read code *quickly*.  The pattern
 recognizer in your brain doesn't work as well on a jumbled mess."

        - H. Peter Anvin

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus