Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: capture the flag (hacking games)

From: pg_vlad () hotmail com
Date: 6 Feb 2006 21:00:01 -0000

If by hacking games you are talking wargaming, then it is where either multiple systems or a system is setup and teams
are given points for taking control over it. The competition doesn't end there, I have seen games that literally lasted
a few hours, as one team would gain control over a box, then lose it to another team. To participate in these type of
games you really need to know your stuff, and have a team strategy. I did find it a very interesting event to watch
though. Both teams displays were projected on larger screens that the teams could not see, but allowed spectators to
see what they were doing, really helped in following along.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus