Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: PC Anywhere and security

From: "Sap ." <0xsapx0 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:56:11 -0800

I recommend requiring the use of a VPN by all vendors, then using the
remote access software over the VPN, you can use VPN policies or IPSec
policies to prevent the remote user from accessing anything but that
box.

PCAnywhere is not insecure, but a VPN is secure, PCA can suffer from
MITM attacks, possible compromise of the client workstation allowing
an attacker to use it to gain access to your network. (Think Remote
Exploit + Reverse VNC + PCA)

- SaP -