Security Basics mailing list archives

SANS Certification,

From: "IRM" <irm () iinet net au>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:37:10 +1000

Hi all,

I have no idea whether it is just me only or people out there are also
finding difficult to understand SANS GIAC certification product.
Basically I am thinking to take GCIA
(http://www.giac.org/reginfo/challenge.php),

I was under impression that the only way to prepare the material is by
going to their conference? CMIIW I am not sure what does it mean by
challenge certification? Is it meaning "You can go for certification
without going to SANS Training"?

I guess that the site is not clear enough, for instance it doesn't show
you the syllabus on what is tested, etc
(http://www.giac.org/certifications/security/gcia.php) or maybe I am
wrong here?

Cheers,