Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Networking security

From: "Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC)" <hylton () conacher co za>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:43:48 +0200

krymson () gmail com wrote:
If I am reading this correctly, you want to have your downstairs wireless unit connect to your upstairs wireless unit
to get internet access?
Correct

I would need to know what brand/model of equipment you have, ...
Equipment is a Marconi wireless router with 4port hub/switch upstairs and a Linksys WAP55AG accesspoint downstairs.

... but it is a good guess that you're not going to be able to do this....
:( <snip>

I basically do not as yet have a wire running from the upstairs ADSL router and was wondering if it could be done securely by connecting wirelessly to the router with the equipment I have. The wire will be pulled in January but I was wondering if there was a way, using the eqyuipment I have, to accomplish it wirelessly.

Tnx
P.S: krymson () gmail com Please shorten your wrap length as it is too long.